FAMILY & ADULT MEMBERSHIP
- Reduced Fees on Programs
- Free Racquetball/Handball Court Times
- 2 Large Gymnasiums
- 2 Swimming Pools (88°F small pool; 79°F large pool)
- Indoor Suspended Running Track
- Exercise Cycles on Running Track
- Free-Weight Room
- Multipurpose Exercise Room with Cushioned Maple Sports Floor
- 4 Special Needs Shower and Changing rooms with lockers available
- Pool Lift for Persons with Disabilities
- Jules Gernes Wellness Center
- Sauna/Steam Room/Whirlpool in Women’s and Men’s locker rooms
- Free childcare for Family Membership holders
- Free Fitness/Aerobic Classes
- Free Water Exercise Classes
- Free Fitness Evaluation
- Discount on Preschool Programs
- Babysitting Service at a Nominal Fee
**Towels and lockers are available for an additional fee. Monthly rental costs are $6.00 for towel or locker rental and $10.00 for both.
JUL GERNES WELLNESS CENTER
The Jul Gernes Wellness Center is open to all YMCA members 9th grade through adult. An orientation by an educated fitness specialist is recommended to all new members. The Wellness Center is equipped with all free weight equipment, several treadmills, bikes, and elliptical cross trainers, as well as two Next Steps. Enjoy working out to the DMX music sound system or watching one of our many TVs.
- Magnum Resistance Machines
- Magnum Free Weights
- StairMaster Step Mill
- StairMaster Crossrobics Machine
- Schwinn Air Dynes
- Elliptical Cross-Trainers
- Upright Bikes
- Recumbent Bikes
- DMX Digital Music System
- Next Steps
- Concept II Rowing Machine
FREE supervised drop-in child care for grades K-5 on No School Days and cancellation days.
Discount on all activities and classes requiring a fee. Discount has a value of up to 50%.
Supervised youth center open on Monday-Friday 4:00-6:00 p.m., Wednesday nights 6:00-8:00 p.m. and Sunday afternoons 2:00-4:00 p.m. (October - May).
FREE open swim during designated times
GUEST PASS PROGRAM
We appreciate our Members being ambassadors in the community and invite them to bring guests to visit the Y. The purpose of the guest policy is to enhance service to current members, to encourage others to join, and to make reasonable accommodations for out-of-town family and visitors.
- YMCA Family Membership holders are awarded ten (10) guest passes per calendar year (July 1-June 30).
- YMCA Adult Membership holders are awarded five (5) guest passes per calendar year (July 1-June 30).
- Guests must be accompanied by the member during their visit.
- Adult guests (age 18 & over) must provide valid photo identification.
- Guest must register at Member Services and sign the YMCA Liability Waiver before using the facility.
- Youth guests (age10 & under) must have an adult (age 18 or older) present at all times.
- Youth may be brought in on a guest pass (with the adult member present) but are not allowed to bring in guests themselves.
- A family is considered one unit which is equal to one guest pass.
HOW TO JOIN
The YMCA’s mission is to provide opportunities for all families and individuals in our community to develop their physical, spiritual, mental and social well-being.
Joining the Winona Family Y is easy:
• Come into the Y between 6:00 am – 8:00 pm.
• Choose which membership you like:
Adult This individual annual membership offers full facility usage including the Jul Gernes Wellness Center.
Family Family memberships allow the whole family to participate in the YMCA either individually or as a family. This membership includes two married adults with or without children through high school age. Children in college may be included if a dependent, up to age 23. Family member access to the Jul Gernes Wellness Center is limited to 9th grade through adult only.
Single Parent Family This membership is the same as Family with only one parent residing in the home. This membership includes an unmarried adult with children kindergarten through high school age. Children in college may be included if a dependent, up to age 23. Family member access to the Jul Gernes Wellness Center is limited to 9th grade through adult only.
Retired Adult Full membership is available at a reduced rate for those individuals 62 years of age and receiving social security, or 65 years of age. This membership gives daily access to the facility, including use of the Jul Gernes Wellness Center.
Trial Adult membership is available on a three-month trial basis, after which an annual membership is required. A trial can only be purchased once and the cost does not apply towards an annual membership. This membership does have all member benefits, including use of the Jul Gernes Wellness Center.
Youth Grade 9-12 Youth memberships are required until the child graduates from high school, at which time an adult membership is required. This grade 9 to 12 youth membership has member benefits, including use of the Jul Gernes Wellness Center.
Youth Grade 1-8 Youth memberships are required when a child reaches first grade. A youth membership allows use of the Youth Center, No-School Day activities and other member benefits. This grade 1 through 8 youth membership does NOT include use of the Jul Gernes Wellness Center.
College Students All college students must carry a Winona Family YMCA membership and college identification card. Out-of-town membership cards will be accepted ONLY for the 14 AWAY visits, after which a membership must be purchased. College memberships may be purchased in 3-month or more increments.
• Pick which payment plan works best for you.
Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard YMCA members may take out an annual membership by paying twelve months in advance.
Bank Draft Membership Plan The YMCA offers a monthly payment plan which we call Bank Draft. Members pay a pro-rated fee for the first month and, with your authorization, your membership dues are then deducted monthly from your bank’s checking or savings account. No bills, no paperwork, no problems and the draft shows up on your monthly bank statements, so you can enjoy all the benefits of your annual YMCA membership for only a few dollars a month.
• Complete the membership form and any accompanying payment plan forms. Membership forms may be picked up at the Service Counter or click here. Form must be brought into the Service Counter for processing.
• Get your scan card.
Do you have BCBS of MN, U Care, HealthPartners, or Medica? Contact the Y's Service Counter for details on insurance reimbursement programs.
It is our policy that no one will be denied a membership to our YMCA due to financial reasons. Due to generous donations from YMCA members and the Winona community, we are able to assist youth, adults and families in the Winona area who are unable to purchase a YMCA membership. For more information, please contact the Y's Service Counter.
Membership rates, effective July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
||MONTHLY BANK DRAFT
|Joiners fee $25 (1 time)
|Youth Adult (Age 18-25)
|Single Parent Family
|Retired Adult (Age 62+)
|3 Month Trial (one time)
|Youth Annual (Grade 9-12)
|Youth Annual (Grade K-8)